Over the next four weeks on this blog, I will be putting the spotlight on the Team Alchemy Life Cycle – examining how teams can progress quickly and efficiently to a state of high performance teamwork, or “Team Alchemy”.
- team traction: setting up team performance – ensuring a fast start
- team calibration: learning to perform as a team – tuning the team to run smoothly
- team momentum: delivering consistent team performance – but still has unrealised potential to fulfil
- team alchemy: the state of high performance team work
- team reset: disbanding or reforming – the team needs to refocus its’ efforts
As I examine the process of moving from Team Traction through to Team Alchemy, I’m keen to hear of real-world examples, issues and challenges which are relevant to those who read this blog. In a nutshell – I would like your opinions below in the comments section about your thoughts on the challenges which face teams as they form and come together to achieve objectives. What are the keys to success and roadblocks we face? How can we negotiate them? Do you have well-known examples which resonate with you and demonstrate teams moving successfully to a state of high performance that you would like me to refer to in my musings? Of course I have my own thoughts on these topics, but ideally I want to write knowing that I am addressing challenges and issues which are relevant to those reading this blog.
I look forward to reading your comments and responding to them. I have no doubt that there are some interesting opinions and views out there within my mailing list, and I can’t wait to respond to them over the coming weeks’ blog posts!
- - -
© 2013 Team Alchemy. Click here to read about the Team Alchemy writers.